Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Who knew it would be so hard to find some plain black flats? Zappos has an amazing selection of shoes, so that may be contributing to the problem. But still, whatever happened to classic cuts? I don't want a bow or a kitten heel, no pointed toes (I have big feet and I don't need help to make them look bigger), no sparkles, no grommets. Just a plain, black, rounded/almond toed flat that doesn't look like it came straight out of Grandma's closet. Here are the few that I have found:
The first (and my favorite) is the Sloop by French Sole. It looks so comfortable and so simple. The downside of it? It costs $98.95. That would mean only one pair of shoes with my gift. The second is the Keepsake by Steve Madden for $55.95. It also comes in a non-patent leather but borders on the Grandma side of the shoe spectrum. Lastly is Bees, also by Steve Madden for $69.95. The little bow isn't too cutesy that it detracts from the cut of the shoe so I could deal with it.
This is the part where everyone is thinking, just get the $100 one that you like, it's not like you're paying for it. And up until this point, I may have slightly for a minute thought about agreeing with you, until I found these:
The Rosina by Shellys London: They look amazingly comfortable, have a nice rounded toe, and come in this great teal color (or a purple) and at $45.95, I could get a pair of each color.
Now if only they had my size in all of the shoes mentioned...

No comments: