Monday, August 13, 2007

Fall and Winter are fast approaching

And this year I will be attempting to buy two things to get me through the cold times: a nice swing coat and a pair of boots. Today I've been looking for a coat. Unfortunately, last year I found one of the most fantastic coats ever from Dorothy Perkins and could not buy it because I am not located in the UK (nor do I know anyone who is). Sadly, that coat has now disappeared from the Dorothy Perkins website and I am left with the perfect vision of a funnel-neck, grey, just-to-the-knee, assymetrical-buttoned, fantastic coat that will haunt me forever more.
But it's better to have loved and lost than never loved at all, and in that spirit, I am looking for a new coat. The goal is that it can be just about any of the more neutral colors, well-fitted (this in itself is a task because my arms are very long, my hips are rather large, but my waist is relatively small), and classically cut (so no crazy fads that will last but a month). Here is what's been found thus far:
(from left to right) Swing Funnel Coat from Topshop about $131; Black Cotton Snap front belted coat by Genera from Bluefly $179.99; Ameretti coat by Via Spiga from Bluefly $228.99; Tall lady trench from Banana Republic $228; Double-cloth boulevard coat from J. Crew $298 ($308 for tall)

No comments: