Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Pale foundation, red lipstick and White Christmas

Last night I visited my local Sephora to try out some mineral makeup. I realize that I'm ridiculously behind the times on this one, but honestly until recently I didn't really wear foundation consistently. So far I am liking my purchase of Tarte pressed mineral powder and I am extremely excited about my new Make Up For Ever lipstick (color pictured at left).






While I was perusing the different stop-engine reds, I noticed their ad campaign advertising lipstick being back to the scene and blah blah blah...and then I saw their model for the campaign (pictured left).








Maybe it's just me, but she has quite the odd resemblance to a young Rosemary Clooney, no?
Who's completely excited about an upsurgence of 40's/50's fashion trends? Oh right, that's me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the new 40's trend.
Dita Von Teese is a great example of that flapper sort of decade.
A good red lipstick is lipstick queen.
And I've been noticing the smokey eye is back too!
I love this look so much too